Tools Feedback & Support

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.10.2011, 19:40Posts: 3Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: CryEngine 3 needs a work offline mode
PostPosted 01.11.2011, 21:12 
Hello

one option for crytek can be, that the Editor is without login. BUT when the designer say, "hey, I want make it public" so they must use the online mode. I think, that's will be a good alternative to the regular option.

and something like, "It's just check by start and then I go where I want." The problem is that, like me, have a desktop pc, it's very hard to transport the pc, the display, the keyboard, the mouse and the mouspad on the bus ;).

Greetings
Sreaper

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.10.2008, 18:38Posts: 289Location: Berlin, Germany Likes: 2

PostPosted 01.11.2011, 21:44 
Another possibility is, to force the log in one single time, so the Editor can store the encrypted handshake on the hard drive. Then you could either log in or stay in an offline mode, where the Editor only saves the levels to the users Id.

This would leave the encryption system for every map intact, but the users could work offline for themselves, until they want to assign the map to a project.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.11.2011, 19:42Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.11.2011, 19:03 
well im going to stay with UDK until cryengine 3 be offline...
in my work we dont have internet on "pc work" only separate pcs with internet
because we have some problems with virus and stuff =P
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 16.03.2011, 05:55Posts: 528Location: Utah, USA Likes: 29

Post Topic: Question about CE3
PostPosted 28.11.2011, 05:36 
Is the Login requirement still there?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.04.2011, 10:10Posts: 8 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Question about CE3
PostPosted 28.11.2011, 06:01 
Let me check it for you
Yep, its there, connects to UK based server.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.11.2007, 00:05Posts: 2060Location: Sweden Likes: 35

Post Topic: Re: CryDevLogin
PostPosted 08.12.2011, 01:45 
I have this bug. It used to require me to log in and be online when using the sandbox. It was fine until my computer crashed and the bug got worse, now I'm locked out of my levels.

It's like a bug within a bug. Bugception. Oh I'm just kidding, it's so obviously a fantastic feature that disables a huge amount of users and makes them stop using the SDK, and what's wrong with that? Who needs logic and sense anyways?

Woopdidoo. I'm off to bed.

Just a thought, an extra logoff possibility on the forums? In case you get in my situation you could just log in on crydev, press a button that logs you out from the editor, and log in again.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.10.2011, 02:18Posts: 24 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: CryDevLogin
PostPosted 09.12.2011, 03:16 
Quote by VABG:
Just a thought, an extra logoff possibility on the forums? In case you get in my situation you could just log in on crydev, press a button that logs you out from the editor, and log in again.

I don't think there should be a login, it's not really useful, I don't see any other engines that need a login. Not to mention you get errors like these and what about people that don't have internet to login CryEngine Hmm? If you were to for some special reason keep the login, then you should atleast put like an 'Offline Mode' so people without internet can work on their projects. If you don't think it's possible then listen because it is, when you work on your project (Online) you can save the project for offline use under the users name (if you want you can add a little security) and when you want to work on it offline just press the 'Offline Mode' button and you can work on it and the next time you go online just press 'Sync Offline Project' and it will Sync your offline project to your online project :cheesy: . It is just common sense, I don't know why you need to know when one of the users log in or log out. That should be a gift for Christmas 'No login for CryEngine' just fabulous! Merry Christmas :xmas:
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.04.2009, 19:45Posts: 7Location: Dorset Likes: 0

PostPosted 11.12.2011, 20:12 
Still waiting.......... X(

:xmas:
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.10.2011, 19:40Posts: 3Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.12.2011, 18:10 
Quote by Hamers:
Another possibility is, to force the log in one single time, so the Editor can store the encrypted handshake on the hard drive. Then you could either log in or stay in an offline mode, where the Editor only saves the levels to the users Id.

This would leave the encryption system for every map intact, but the users could work offline for themselves, until they want to assign the map to a project.

An One time log in sounds great :D

Is there are a special option which I must check when I want use one time log in? Or is this automatically when the Engine can't connect to the server?

Greetings
Sreaper
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 03.02.2008, 15:31Posts: 396 Likes: 1

PostPosted 21.12.2011, 18:18 
There is no such feature, it was an idea/wish.

creative director/lead animator @ open Outcast

PostPosted 21.12.2011, 18:33 
Oh sorry I misunderstood it :meow:
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.12.2011, 05:02Posts: 18 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.12.2011, 23:35 
The mandatory login DRM or whatever is pure BS.

If they wont remove it, I guess I'll just have to remove it myself. :mad:
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11811Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 717

PostPosted 21.12.2011, 23:59 
Since Crytek has introduced a login feature for their software. I'm sure in future patches that they will release alot of features that would more or less even the scales. I'm sure it will be worth while when the SDK is more complete.

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11176Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 822

PostPosted 22.12.2011, 09:01 
Quote by lpcstr:
The mandatory login DRM or whatever is pure BS.

If they wont remove it, I guess I'll just have to remove it myself. :mad:

I would advise against suggesting on our website to circumvent the legally binding EULA you agreed to when you installed our software. Another warning won't be given on this topic as we take these issue very seriously.

This topic is being closed. As we've mentioned in the past, the login is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Whether this will change for the commercial license remains to be seen and we'll be sure to communicate this information as soon as it's available.

Thanks!

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.